Are you looking for a rewarding job with exciting opportunities for future development? Rachel Ashwell are currently recruiting for a dedicated sales associate that can represent the brand from our Santa Monica location. We are looking for an enthusiastic person with excellent communication skills and who enjoys working as part of a team to deliver great customer service.
What does the role involve?
Provide the best shopping experience for Shabby Chic Couture customers, including generate sales, merchandising, offering product knowledge, assisting with customer needs, loss prevention, stocking merchandise and maintaining operational standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure individual sales goals are met and/or exceeded.
- Stays current on individual and store goals, and the ability to prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Continuously builds clientele through new client acquisition and growth of existing clients.
- Build lasting relationships with customers by contacting them to follow-up on purchases, suggesting new merchandise, and offering house-calls.
- Demonstrates technical selling skills and product knowledge in all areas, i.e. bedding, slipped furniture, lighting, etc.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company standards.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, peers and management.
- Assist in floor moves, merchandising, processing shipment and general housekeeping.
- Completing operational duties, including paperwork and sales ledger and other various aspects in regards to opening and closing.
Who are we looking for?
We encourage diversity and welcome candidates from all backgrounds. The key qualities that we look for in our sales associate are:
- Minimum of 3 years Furniture and/or Retail experience is preferred.
- Proficient MS Office and POS systems
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to appropriately conduct themselves with employees and customers
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs on a consistent basis
- Ability to work flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!